SOMERVILLE- ASSEMBLY SQUARE ACCESS IMPROVEMENTS
The City of Somerville is proposing a series of transportation improvements to address vehicular access and public safety associated with new development opportunities planned within Assembly Square. These improvements include the following locations:
• Assembly Square Drive.
• Foley Street.
• New Road.
• Ikea Way.
• G Street - A new roadway will be constructed between Mystic Avenue and Route 28.
• Mt. Vernon Street/Lombardi Street at Broadway/ Mystic Avenue Southbound/ Assembly Square Drive (4 locations) - Signal upgrade and new signal installation at I-93 SB off-ramp u-turn.
• Mystic Avenue Northbound at New Road - Signal upgrade.
• Middlesex Avenue at Foley Street - Signal upgrade.
• Route 28 at Assembly Square Drive - Intersection reconfiguration to allow left turns out of the site onto Route 28 SB.
• Route 28 at Middlesex Avenue - Realigning site drive to form a "T" intersection.
• Route 28 at Mystic Avenue Northbound Traffic Signal - Signal upgrade to improve visibility.
• Kensington Avenue - Pedestrian crossing upgrade and signal installation.