LANESBOROUGH- BRIDGE REPLACEMENT, L-03-009, MINER ROAD OVER TOWN BROOK
In general, the work to be done under this contract involves the replacement of the Bridge No. L-03-009, including installation of temporary control of water, the complete demolition of the existing superstructure, partial demolition of the existing substructure, the construction of new cast-in-place abutments, footings, and wingwalls, installation of driven steel H-piles, and the installation of precast concrete deck beams. The work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Removal and disposal of the existing structure to the limits shown on the construction plans.
2. Installation of an approved water control system for the duration of the entire substructure and retaining wall construction, excavation, and the placement of riprap below the waterline.
3. Construction of a new steel pile supported abutment, precast concrete deck beams, reinforced concrete deck slab and safety curbs, S3-TL4 bridge railing, reinforced concrete highway guardrail transitions, wingwalls and footings as shown on the construction plans.
4. Installation of a new 8” diameter insulated water line, including fittings, bridge and wall mountings and connection to the existing water main. Installation of a temporary 1” diameter service line and connection to the existing water main. Installation of a temporary support structure for the temporary line, spanning the Town Brook.
5. Construction of new concrete low retaining walls along both sides of the bridge approaches.
6. Roadway safety upgrades including wall-mounted bridge railing and approach guardrail. Full depth roadway construction between Sta. 0+08 and Sta. 6+21.