BOSTON- TUNNEL REMEDIATION ON I-93
The work is comprised of, but not limited to:
• Sealing leaks within the I-93 Central Artery/ Tunnel System ( mainline & ramps), to reduce or eliminate future incidences of infiltration.
• Repairing slurry wall defects.
• Undertaking concrete patching and roadway slab repairs in areas adjacent to the leak sealing and slurry wall repairs (as required by the Engineer).
• Removal and subsequent re-installation of the following items to access leak sealing and slurry wall repair areas: tunnel wall panels; stainless steel panels; CMU block walls; miscellaneous metal, electrical and mechanical components; and cementitious fireproofing and rigid board fireproofing.
• Wearing surface and base slab repairs at various locations.
• Cementitious fireproofing repairs and rigid board fireproofing repairs including removal and replacement of corroded steel furring strips and support framing at various locations.