CANTON- DEDHAM- NORWOOD- INTERCHANGE IMPROVEMENTS AT I-95/I-93/UNIVERSITY AVENUE/I-95 WIDENING INCLUDING 10 BRIDGES AND 9 MULTI-USE PATH/PEDESTRIAN BRIDGES
The I-95/I-93/University Avenue Interchange Improvement Project is divided into two distinct sections.
The I-95/I-93/University Avenue Interchange section extends along I-93 southbound from just west of the I-93/Route 138 Interchange out to the University Ave entrance ramp on I-95 northbound. Work in this area includes:
• Replacement of the I-95 northbound clover leaf ramp with a high speed, two lane, direct connect ramp.
• A realigned and improved high speed two-lane, direct connect between I-93 southbound and I-95 southbound.
• A new entrance ramp from University Avenue to I-93 northbound along the Green Lodge Street ROW. This includes discontinuance of Green Lodge Street west of Elm Street.
• A new exit ramp from I-93 southbound to University Ave.
The other section of the project is south of the I-95/I-93 Interchange and includes.
• The construction of a fourth lane, for two miles in the median, of I-95 southbound from the I-95/I-93 Interchange to Neponset St.
• The construction of a fourth lane, for one mile in the median of I-95 northbound, from Dedham St to the I-93 on ramp.